Wednesday 2 November 2016

Forms 4 - 5. Our Native Town

For students of the fourth - fifth forms.

Let's learn more about our native town. 

I hope it will be interesting for you!

Chervonohrad

         Chervonohrad is our native town. It's in the west of Ukraine. It is a small town. Chervonohrad stands on the river The Western Buh. There are two bridges over the river. There are lots of places of interest in Chervonohrad. There is a park in the centre of the town. There is a central square too. There are two fountains. There are twelve schools, libraries, a hospital, lots of shops, cafes and restaurants in our town. There is a big sport centre with a stadium and a swimming pool. There are lots of playgrounds in our town. The forest is behind the river.
         I like my native town.

***Improve your English!

You can find more information about our town here.

 This letter is for students wishing to improve their English.

'pen friend - someone you write friendly letters to, especially someone in another country who you have never met                             syn pen pal

Dear pen friend,
Hi!  I'm Yarynka. I'm in Class 4 A at school 11. I live in Chervonohrad.  It's in the west of Ukraine. My town is not very big but it isn't very small. It's nice. I like living in it. It's my native town.  Chervonohrad stands on the river The Western Buh. There are two bridges over the river. The streets are long and clean. There are lots of cars and buses.
There are lots of places of interest in Chervonohrad. There are two museums, Pototskyi's Palace, some churches, a House of Prosvita, some monuments. There is a park in the centre of the town. There is a central square too. There are two fountains. If you have spare time, you can walk along the streets, sit on the benches in the central square and have a snack in the cafe.
There are twelve schools, libraries, a swimming pool and clubs for students. There is a big sport centre with a stadium and a swimming pool. You can go and watch football matches there. There is a hospital, lots of shops, banks and offices, cafes and restaurants in our town. There are lots of playgrounds. The forest is behind the river.
I love my town very much.
Write about yourself.
Best wishes,
Yarynka.
I hope you will find this information useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment